Comprehensive vascular care, close to home
Vascular care focuses on the arteries, veins and the lymphatic system, a network of tissues and organs that help a person's body get rid of waste.
Disorders of blood vessels range from unsightly varicose veins to serious diseases of arteries, such as blockages and aneurysms.
Adirondack Medical Center offers a comprehensive range of vascular care services, which focus on the treatment of patients with these conditions. Our skilled and caring team is led Dr. Claude Roland, FACS, RVT, who is fellowship trained and board certified in general and vascular surgery. Dr. Roland is a member of the Eastern Vascular Society and Society for Vascular Surgery.
Some of the conditions treated by Dr. Roland include aortic abdominal aneurysm (AAA), carotid artery disease, peripheral arterial disease (PAD), varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS). Dr. Roland also manages the dialysis access needs of patients with kidney failure.
The Adirondack Medical Center has state-of-the-art equipment used by Dr. Roland to perform minimally invasive (endovascular) treatments of many of these vascular disorders.
A complete list of the conditions treated and procedures performed by Dr. Roland:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Acute Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
- Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Vascular Claudication
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Mesenteric Artery Disease
- Popliteal Aneurysm
- Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
- Renal Artery Atherosclerotic Disease
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Ulcer of Foot
- Varicose Veins
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Open and Endovascular
- Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA)
- Angioplasty and Stenting of Arteries
- Arterial Atherectomy
- Hemodialysis Access
- Chronic Abdominal Peritoneal Dialysis Access (Laparoscopic)
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter, Placement and Retrieval
- Surgical or Laser Treatment of Varicose Veins
- First Rib Resection for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Peripheral Artery Bypass
- Diagnostic Angiography
- Port Placement